The IRS recently published and updated a version of its “Life Cycle series” called “Tax Guide for the Retiree.” This guide is just a couple of pages long and answers some fairly typical tax questions that are faced by retirees. You may have asked one of these questions yourself. For instance:
- What differences are there in reporting my retirement income and income during my work career?
- What types of income are taxable?
- Why is my pension income taxed?
- Tax withholding and estimated tax payments.
- How do I determine how much of my social security is taxable?
…as well as many others.
The publication number is 4190 and you can download the publication from the IRS website at:
Whether you’re already retired or are thinking about retiring–take a look. I think you’ll find this resource helpful.
The companies of National Life Group and their representatives do not offer tax or legal advice. For advice concerning you own situation, please consult with your appropriate professional advisor.