Many of us think that our information and identity is secure. But, take the extra step this month to make certain your information is safe and protected from cyber criminals.
October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month
This year, National Cyber Security Awareness Month is focused on:
- Owning IT.
- Never Click and Tell: staying safe on social media
- Update Privacy Settings
- Keep Tabs on Your Apps: best practices for device applications
- Securing IT.
- Shake Up Your Passphrase Protocol: create strong, unique passphrases
- Double Your Login Protection: turn on multi-factor authentication
- Shop Safe Online
- Play Hard To Get With Strangers: how to spot and avoid phish
- and Protecting IT.
- If You Connect, You Must Protect: updating to the latest security software, web browser and operating systems
- Stay Protected While Connected: Wi-Fi safety
- If You Collect It, Protect It: keeping customer/consumer data and information safe
Have you ever been affected by a cyber criminal? Looking for ways to get involved?