As hard as it is to believe, the holidays are already upon us. And National Life’s LifeChanger of the Year educator recognition program is once again celebrating the season by Doing Good.
During this year’s holiday campaign, $25 will be donated to a nonprofit for every educator who is nominated for LifeChanger recognition.
If you’re not familiar, LifeChanger searches the nation every year for the very best, most inspirational educators, whether they’re teachers or nurses or support staff.
Anyone can nominate an educator and each nominee is considered for national awards.
The program encourages as many nominations as possible during the holidays, because Dec. 31 is the deadline.
That’s why the special Do Good promotion is under way.
LifeChanger likes to demonstrate National Life’s values to Do good. Be good. Make good by supporting important causes.
So this year, for every nomination between now and the end of the year, the National Life Group Foundation will donate $25 to one of five education-related nonprofits.
The organizations were chosen because they were founded by LifeChanger nominees and winners from previous years. They are:
- B.I.O.N.I.C., suicide prevention, founded by Sandy Austin, 2018-19 LifeChanger
- Do Kind Inc., acts of kindness supporting schools, founded by Timothy Fauth, 2019-20 LifeChanger
- Food For Thought, delivers food to students, founded by Jennifer Lemoine, 2018-19 LifeChanger
- Green Hope Project, promoting arts, environmentalism and education, founded by Candie Printz, 2019-20 LifeChanger
- SKY, developing STEM projects for communities around the world, founded by Brian Copes, 2017-18 LifeChanger
We don’t have space here to describe the incredible work that these educators and their nonprofits do in the lives of their own communities and for a much wider audience.
So go to the LifeChanger website and read a little bit more.
Then think about the many LifeChangers you’ve known in our schools, making differences large and small in the lives of students and parents, their schools and communities, and among one another.
Please let us know who they are by nominating them for this year’s campaign. And Do Good along the way by choosing one of these nonprofits to benefit from your nomination.